Sunday, August 24, 2014

26 Days

Tomorrow morning, on my 26th day as an inpatient on the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, I will be discharged!!!  It's 99% certain which is as close to 100% you'll ever get from a doctor.

Thank you, thank you for your prayers and support.  This process is not over for me, but this is a huge and welcome obstacle cleared.

Please pray that I will never be admitted here again.  Please pray that I can leave this behind and raise my babies with the love of my life and tap dance into old age with him.

Please pray for my husband and kids.  I'm still not going home...I'll be at my Mom and Dad's for 2 weeks.  These 2 weeks are critical in ensuring that I don't end up readmitted.  This is the best decision, but it is a very difficult one.  We'll be able to see each other as much as we want, but they just want Mommy home.  Mommy just wants Mommy home too.

Pray for my Dad who will be in charge of my care and supervision for the next 2 weeks.  If anyone can snap this patient into shape it's him.  He's going to be in charge of my meds, making sure I'm exercising, monitoring my symptoms, and taking me to my appointments.  He's also going to be in charge of getting me to gain back the 10 pounds I've lost.

Please offer a prayer of thanksgiving for my husband who was nothing short of heroic during this time, for my Mom and Dad, for my In-Laws, for many dear friends and loved ones who supported us with prayers and meals and rides to swim lessons.

Please offer a prayer of thanksgiving for the Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Aides, Nurse Practitioners, and everyone who cares for the transplant patients on 5 East at Roswell Park Cancer Institute with great compassion and skill.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jesus!!!!!! So happy for you, Nella! May these next two weeks fly by for everyone. So, we should plan the big welcoming home party for tomorrow??? You'll totally be up for that, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nella! I've been keeping you and your fam my prayers and thoughts throughout this remarkable journey. I really do think if you often (especially when I make my cheerleaders jump for 30 minutes at practice, hehe) and pray you kick this terrible disease's behind. Let the inspirations you've been to me and many other help you Stay strong and keep smiling! Love, Keara Eagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my prayers, here's to home very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh!! We prayed for you at dinner tonight and then I read this!! Praise God! We'll keep praying that these next couple weeks go smoothly and quickly. love, the Blackstones

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Two weeks is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of your life. Keep your chin up and hang in there! At least you'll have a comfy bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers, prayers and more prayers!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lord!! Almost there Nella - but what a wonderdul day for you I want to be there to cheer you out of that place!! Continued prayers for your complete healing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear your good news- what a blessing.You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you well on the next step of your journey and here's hoping you will be home with your kids soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you and this huge step in the right direction! Our family prays for you nightly and will keep it up! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Tierneys are praying for you Nella!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! Hope all is going smooth now with your recovery! Bless you and your family!
    Catholic mom from southern CA
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nella, I hope you are feeling better, recovering well, and getting lots of rest. We are praying for you. Please post an update when you get a chance. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nella, I hope you are recovering well after your transplant. I'm an NHL survivor (also diagnosed while pregnant) and I pray for you and your family daily. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...please say hello and share your thoughts. "Meeting" my readers is such a treat!

AddThis